Sunday 4 January 2009

Some New Beginning!

Four days into the New Year and it's back in with the old!
Needless to say I have started myself back on a dose of 20mg Prednisolone steroids! So much for a new beginning!
Any road up - I thought I might solve the mystery of "where the birdies is" (See yesterdays post) by visiting my local park today. Sadly not. No sign of a spuggie anywhere, plenty of bigger birds but not one smaller than a crow. The plot thickens!
In answer to Crystal Jigsaw - yes, we do have a cat but I'm sure not even her presence could scare ALL of the (smaller) birds from the whole town of Middlesbrough!! I expect to hear a news item any day soon stating how Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" has been re-enacted by swarms of sparrows, tits and blackbirds in a town nearby!  In the meantime my breadcrumbs, seeds and nuts will remain untouched.
Curiouser and curiouser!

4 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Our nuts are strangely untouched too ...

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, I've got to comment again as I've spotted the new word verifier: DOWWOO It's the noise the birds will make as they manifest themselves in their evil guises.

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Gary,
Sorry to hear about your re-medication...
and as for the birds: it's very strange! maybe someone has been using some pesticide in their garden and has poisoned them! (I've heard of this accidentally happening - some very poisonous products out there...) or maybe it's just too cold for them there and they are all just "hibernating" in their little nests until it gets warmer!!
All the best, Donnie.

Anonymous said...

No, perhaps you're right! Mind you, I didn't like that film much. Not a bird person to be honest, nice to watch out of the window but apart from robins and crows I don't really know the names of any others!

CJ xx