Saturday 3 January 2009

I Wonder Where the Birdies Is...?

Just had a strange thought. (It's not uncommon for me to have strange thoughts!)
I put some bird seeds and nuts out on New Years Eve for the feathered friends who visit our garden in abundance at this time of year.
They're still there - untouched by birdy beaks. And now I come to think of it, I haven't seen a single bird since before New Year. Not one.
There aren't any today either - oh, I tell a lie, a seagull has just flown by, but where are all the sparrows, and starlings, and robins, and tits, and finches????
I mentioned this to her indoors who said she'd just heard on the radio that a warning has been issued to visitors to Seaton Carew (a coastal resort thirty or so miles away) to take care as "the birds have gone a bit mental!"
So that's where they all are. Typical Brits on holiday - causing mayhem as usual and frightening all the Seagulls inland! Bless 'em!

4 comments:

Rune Eide said...

It must have been some sparrows to frighten off the seagulls! It is usually the other way around.

Happy New Year!

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Gary,
I read something a while ago that said that sparrows are actually becoming extinct!
I hope it's not true as they are such cheeky little birds and I miss seeing them as here in Brazil we don't have them....

Anonymous said...

Do you have a cat?

CJ xx

Pat said...

Gosh, no birds? What's next to go? Check my blog tomorrow, Monday, for a bird....