Sunday 17 August 2008

Spooked!!!

This morning I spent an hour drafting a post regarding my belief in the afterlife - you know, ghosts, spirits, spiritualists, mediums, hauntings, life after death, near death experiences, past lives etc etc etc - that sort of thing.

I'd padded out the post with personal experiences and recounted family tales of loud bangs on doors in the dead of night when no one was there, only for the occupants to learn of a death in the family the next day - the death occurring at the precise time of the knocking!!

It was really spooky stuff - I almost scared myself writing it!! lol

I clicked "Publish Post", the screen flickered for a brief second, and then.........

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for any inconvenience....."

Aaaaaarrrggghhhhhh!!! - But wait... Blogger had been autosaving my draft, so there should be no problem, it'll be recoverable. Might need to rewrite the last couple of sentences, no problem. Phew!!

Internet Explorer did as it had promised and closed down. I restarted it and logged straight back in to Blogger - Edit Posts - look for untitled draft.....

Gone. Vanished. Evaporated.

Someone (or something) obviously didn't want you to read my spooky tales......

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

Very spooky indeed!

mrsnesbitt said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Anonymous said...

You have to write it again. If the same thing happens then you are obviously not meant to publish this and someone is definitely interferring with your pc. I've had it happen to me often. I was scanning a photo of my dad some months ago in order to publish it along with a post. Even though the photograph scanned, it didn't come out properly on the pc, there was a massive area of light covering my dad's face. I tried it umpteen times and not all on the same day. But to no avail. However, other photographs have scanned in perfectly.

I told Dad I wouldn't publish his photo. He obviously doesn't want me to.

CJ xx