Saturday 11 October 2008

Happy Girthday to Me!!

Yesterday was my 43rd birthday and, as my Crohn's seems to have been settled for a few weeks, the lovely Lesley decided it was time for a treat. My favourite! Chocolate Cake with all the buttercream and chocolate flakes you could wish for. Just a small one ("enough to serve 8" the box said - though these must surely have been tested on very small people with even smaller appetites, or perhaps eight people who didn't much care for scrummy chocolate cake!) Needless to say I dived straight in immediately after Lesley took the following picture........
Obviously nothing to do with overeating and more to do with steroids, but me thinks it's time I lost a bit of weight!!! (I never, EVER thought I'd hear myself saying that!) Fitness regime begins....
............just as soon as the rest of the cake is consumed!
Happy Birthday to me....happy birthday to me....

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

It looks delicious! Happy belated birthday :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. The chocolate cake looks scrumptious. Shame we can't all have a virtual taste of it.

I need to shift a few pounds too. I thought I'd start on 1 November - it's good to start at the beginning of a month I think!!

Anonymous said...

Gary, you look just fine the way you are. That is a lovely picture of you with (I assume) your beautiful daughter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

CJ xx

Liz Hinds said...

Happy birthday for last Saturday!

I don't know who these people are that set the standards for 'Serves X' but they're not normal, that's for sure!

Rune Eide said...

A belated congratulation!

My nephew has now lived with Crohn's for more than a decade and has now just finished getting a medical degree. It seems to have stabilized, but he has to take a cure with Ramicade once in a while. Otherwise, he lives much as normal.

Bear Naked said...

Happy belated Birthday.
Now I am going to go and have a piece of cake.

Bear((( )))